Wednesday, January 26, 2011

You say it's your Birthday!

This Saturday is my lil bro's birthday.
He's not so little any more and I won't out him on a global platform but the fam is getting together tonight to celebrate his decades on the planet and it's MY responsiblity to bring the cake (otherwise I don't get to eat any!)

I've had great success with Betty Crocker's Gluten Free baking mixes before and opted for the Devil's Food Chocoalte mix for this occassion. **Like I've mentioned before, some products that are labeled Gluten Free may not be safe for all with an intolerance or Celiac. The PPB (parts per billion) required for the GF label may be more than you can tolerate. This is more than I understand right now so my disclaimer is...be sure you check with your doctor if you have questions!

To me, these mixes are a blessing because they are quick and easy just like a Betty Crocker Mix should be, and they pass the family taste test. Some GF cake mixes or prepared cakes we've tried in the past taste gluten free (as my kids put it). The Betty Crocker mixes just taste like awesome cake; my family actually prefers them over store bought cake. Our only wish...they'd offer it in more flavors! They are pricier than regular mixes at around $3.50 to $4.50 a box but given the alternative of not having cake...I spend the extra couple of bucks!

Tonight's cake is a layer cake with Polaner's Seedless Raspberry Fruit Spread between the layers and a vanilla glaze. Can you say YUM?



No comments: